The Riverdale Hub in the east end of Toronto houses the Social Gardener Café, Riverdale Hub Gallery, unique event and work spaces, green initiatives and work-based training programs. Our innovative space has been developed to inspire social entrepreneurship, drive innovation and build community capacity.
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT @ RIVERDALE hub
The purpose of the Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises (RIWE), commonly known as the Riverdale Hub, is to sustain a vibrant organization that balances the socio-economic, cultural, environmental and artistic needs and aspirations of minority communities.
Nurture and foster values of creativity, inclusion, social justice, environmental sustainability, equity and community health.
Our vision animates a working model of innovative social entrepreneurship, environmental sustainability and community revitalization through the arts. We strive to create a transformative space informed by values of innovation, sustainability and equality to become a catalyst for progressive social change and action. We aspire to bring together artists, environmentalists, and other progressive groups and individuals to create synergies, share and develop ideas for community revitalisation.
- Provide space for social enterprise development and programming that enable minority women and their families to develop sustainable livelihoods and achieve financial self-sufficiency.
- Offer training and placement to marginalised women and youth in the enterprises developed to enable them to get a foothold in the Canadian job market.
- Create social enterprises that support food security and promote the physical, mental health and wellbeing of the community.
- Sustain programming through sound financial management and development of equity within the building.
- Offer co-working and event space to the community to sustain our programs and services.
- Revitalize the community through collaborative partnership development.
- Create a green building that will minimize our environmental footprint, model sustainable energy management to organizations and communities.
- Create gallery spaces where the cultural art forms of minority communities are valued, promoted and showcased.
- Make the Riverdale Hub fully accessible to the community through its programs and structure.