WOMEN in the garden
We help women in our community to be their best through nutrition & cooking, gardening, and fitness & mindfulness practices. Interested in joining our program? Contact us below for more information.
LEARNING TOGETHER @ RIVERDALE hub
ABOUT the program
Women in the Garden is a culturally-relevant, intergenerational health & wellbeing program that engages marginalized immigrant and refugee women. Using gardening as a guiding framework, our mission is to holistically address and support access to healthy food, physical & emotional health, access to community resources, and to strengthen community connections and leadership skills.
GROWING TOGETHER @ RIVERDALE hub
WHAT YOU CAN expect
- Learn the basics of gardening and how to grow food both in- and out-doors
- Learn about nutrition and healthy eating tools & practices for everyday
- Experiment with cooking healthy, tasty and budget-friendly recipes
- Try out online exercise & wellness classes that will benefit your mind and body
- Participate in online workshops, talks and discussions
- Connect with others, share experiences and helpful gardening, cooking and wellness tips
STAYING HEALTHY @ RIVERDALE hub
WHY WE DO what we do
- To support and empower marginalized and newcomer women to take control of their overall health and wellbeing
- To enhance physical & mental wellness through the practice of age-appropriate and stimulating exercise, gardening activities, and mindful meditation
- To improve access to healthy and affordable food through gardening, cooking & nutrition, and health information workshops
- To combat social isolation by strengthening community connections and creating networks of interpersonal support
Women in the Garden is created in partnership with United Way Greater Toronto.
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER!
Get the latest information and updates about our training programs, events and promotions, directly in your inbox!